At this stage, everybody knows what YouTube is all about. The portal owned by Google is one of the most visited pages on the Internet and there’s not a day in which any user on the Internet doesn’t end up consuming the videos it hosts: music videos, tutorials, full movies, youtubers, jokes, pranks, cats, dogs… basically anything.
TubeMate YouTube Downloader is an app to download videos from Youtube directly onto your mobile phone, thanks to which you can have all your favorite videos saved within your SD card memory and watch whenever you want.
Using this app is as simple as accessing the video of interest through the ‘browser’ that comes integrated within the app itself. From there, simply press the green arrow located at the bottom of the screen.
At that moment you can choose what quality you want to download your video in, normally having many different resolution options adapted to the various terminals Android compatible with this app. Depending on the download format you choose, you might need an extra app to play your files.
The downloaded videos by default are sent your storage card, but you can easily move them at your whim if you’d prefer to store them in separate places. TubeMate YouTube Downloader is a very easy to use video downloader tool whose main trick is precisely that: you can download any video in seconds.
They say it’s the best app to download videos from YouTube
Well, if you want to make the most of all the contents of this site without needing an Internet connection, you can download TubeMate YouTube Downloader. By installing the APK of this application on your Android you can get hold of a local copy of any of the videos hosted on this web that usually require us to have a 3G, 4G or 5G data connection or a wireless network to be able to watch them.
An excellent way to save videos on your phone and play them without connection.
Once you’ve downloaded them to your mobile device, you can access them even when you’re without a signal, either to watch them or share them by WhatsApp, Telegram or any other chat or messaging app. You can even upload them to your favorite social networks such as Facebook or any other one.
Main features of TubeMate
- Download videos (MP4 or 4GP format) or extract their audio (MP3 or AAC format).
- Built-in search engine.
- Easy-to-use thanks to its simple interface.
- Choose between different resolutions.
- Built-in multimedia player to play the downloaded files.
- Option to pause and resume downloads.
- Compatible with several simultaneous downloads.
- TV synchronization.
How to connect TubeMate to a TV?
This app also allows you to cast contents to other devices via streaming, for example, to your home TV. For such purpose, you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Settings > Connect to a TV.
- Step 2: Search for the YouTube app on your SmartTV or PlayStation or Xbox consoles.
- Step 3: On the settings page search for the option Configure device.
- Step 4: Type in the synchronization code and the name of the TV on TubeMate.
You’ll now be able to mirror any content you’ve downloaded, whether it’s sound or image.
Can I download TubeMate from Google Play?
For the time being, the answer is no. Google doesn’t offer on its store applications that can be used to rip contents from its video site, so you won’t be able to find it there. You’ll have to resort to alternative download sites like Malavida.
What’s new in the latest version
The new version of TubeMate fixes video parsing errors found in previous versions, as well as correcting certain unresponsive buttons. It also corrects subtitle problems. Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.0.3.
Unlike the other similar apps, Tubemate YouTube Downloader truly downloads the videos from YouTube on your phone. And with an interface similar to that of the actual YouTube, it is most likely true that you’ll find this app easy to use. Even so, as you go to watch any video you like, the interface has will give you an option to download it. Easy, simple, and familiar, using this cool YouTube video downloaded will never cause you any fuss!
Once the APK file is downloaded, the installation will take a slightly different method which will be explained later.
While it’s true that the app is a truly great app. It allows you to enjoy an unlimited fun while watching your favorite videos from YouTube, even when you are not connected to any internet connection. However, there are some drawbacks this video downloaded carries as well.
- This app is the only app for the Android operating system that really downloads videos from YouTube on your device.
- With an interface similar to YouTube, you can also browse the videos easily just like when you do it via the official YouTube application.
- There are multiple connections available for you to download the videos faster.
- You have the option to pause and resume your download from anywhere.
- There are various options for video resolution you can choose from. It supports not only 240p and 360p, but also the high-definition 1080p, combined with another app named MP3 Media Converter.
- Even though it is mostly known for being an app that enables users to download videos from YouTube, you can also download from other sites, such as Dailymotion and Vimeo.
- There is a separate section where you can keep record of all the downloaded videos and downloading.
- Even so, not all videos can be downloaded, which is such an unfortunate, for sure.
- As we have hinted above, you can only download the high-definition videos with support since it requires an MP3 media converter too to complete this task.
- Unfortunately, many users complain about how this app often crashes, meaning that this app is pretty unstable.
- When downloading videos, it’s best for you when you’re on a better network (Wi-Fi is more preferred), since it’s very difficult for users to download when they’re on 2G network.
How to Install Tubemate for Android
Here are the steps required to install Tubemate on your Android device.
- Make sure that APK has already been downloaded.
- Go to the Settings menu on your device, then open Security tab. Find the Unknown Sources option.
- There’s a button right next to the Unknown Sources option; toggle it and it will light up. By toggling the button on, this means you allow any apps that are downloaded from outside Play Store to be installed on your Android device.
- Go to the location where the APK you’ve downloaded is stored on. Alternatively, simply opening it from the Download menu. Tap on the file to run the setup.
- Agree to the permissions the app asks, and then install the APK file.
- Wait until the download is completed so you can finally watch movies and TV shows online straight from your Android device!
How to Use
Actually, there’s a reason why Tubemate app has an interface similar to that of the official YouTube mobile app. It’s because this video downloaded app for Android device accesses YouTube as an overlay. And as you’re selecting a video to download, you’ll be given two options: to watch or download a video. And since you’re using this app here to download, simply click on the green arrow located on the bottom of your screen. Then, you will find a pop-up, which offers the two options: Download and Watch.
Even though it enables you to download videos in any quality, it actually depends on the video source. In addition to that, there are also different streaming options which are similar to what are given to you when you’re downloading any video. All the videos downloaded using this app are saved in MP4 format, which can be found in the default Videos folder.
You can also download MP3 from the videos using Tubemate. Note that the audio quality is most likely different, depending on the original video quality itself. Even so, the audio quality downloaded from this app may be lower than expected, although it’s still listenable anyway. The MP3 files downloaded using this app is saved in the MP3 folder on your device.
In general, it’s always easy and simple to save and download the videos from YouTube using this app. The options of video quality are available widely, so you can freely choose which one you’d like to keep on your device, including the high quality one. And although the audio quality is more like the streaming previews, this will suffice if you only want to sample the audio clip.
- Bug fixes